About the Senior Full Stack Engineer position
We are looking for an awesome engineer that enjoys working on different aspects of software development and revels in the challenge of tackling a wide array of tasks and projects.
Our ideal candidate has strong leadership and design skills and the ability to work comfortably up and down the software stack.
As part of your role you will help build a large scale data processing and analytics system that provides our customers with monitoring, analysis and predictions for shipments in supply chain management.
- Design, build and test small and large pieces of software
- Help create abstractions and an extensible plugin-like platform
- Interact with various 3rd party APIs to pull in a wide array of data (e.g. mapping)
- Help manage & process large amounts of data (big data)
- Collaborate with the hardware and firmware teams to create an integrated platform.
- Have lots of fun working with a great team.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- At least 6-8 years of experience in software engineering positions
- Strong desire to learn and collaborate
- Strong abstractions and design skills
- Strong understanding of data modeling and relational databases
- Experience with strongly typed and with scripting languages
- Experience with multi-tier web application development
- Familiarity with AWS hosting environments & DevOps
- Familiarity with parallel processing & threading